- Java 1.6 or higher is required.
- Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- ADT (Android Developer Tools) for Eclipse
- Download the latest SDK or “devkit”(Software Development Kit)
Where we can get these tools?
Below are the links to get these
If You want to get all above required development tools except JDK with a single download bundle then follow below link and download.
A new Android Development Environment called “Android Studio” based on “InteliJ IDEA” is now available. It is similar to Eclipse with the ADT Plug-in. It provides integrated Android Developer Tools for development and debugging.
For details how to install it and start project for different platform like Windows, Mac OS X and Linux follow below link:
How to install Android Studio:
Download the Android Studio package and install android studio and SDK Tools for following platforms.
- Click on EXE file setup of android studio bundle.
- If you get any problem to install setup then need to set and environment variable for indicating the correct location of Java where is installed.
- Go to StartMenu->Computer->System Properties->Advanced System Properties->Open “Advance Tab”->Environment Variable and add new system variable JAVA_HOME which points to JDK folder like below path.
Mac OS X:
- Open the downloaded DMG file
- Drag and drop android studio into the applications folder.
- If you get any problem and getting warning message say that package is damaged then go to System Preference->Security & Privacy and under Allow applications downloaded from, select “anywhere” then launch Android Studio again.
- Unpack the downloaded “tgz” folder into an appropriate location of applications.
- Launch android studio and navigate android-studio/bin/ directory in a terminal and execute studio.sh.
- To start android studio form any directory add “android-studio/bin/” as PATH in environment variable.
If you get any issue to develop your android apps in Android Studio assist with following Link